16 Feb 2015
Full-Time Investment Manager, Aberdeen
- Our client an award winning stockbroker is one of the UK’s largest independently owned Investment Managers. The Firm is a member of the London Stock Exchange and the Wealth Management Association (WMA) and is Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
- They have a small office currently with 4 people: 2 investment managers (one leaving, hence the position), one portfolio managers’ assistant and one execution-only broker/administrator.
- They do not have in-house ‘buy’ lists or in-house asset allocation policies, decisions are taken by the investment manager for their clients
- They are seeking an experienced Investment Manager to join their team.
- Reporting to the branch manager, the successful candidate will look after a bank of established managed clients in addition to being responsible for generating new business.
- They will be expected to positively contribute to both investment ideas and asset allocation policies within the branch and the firm’s wider investment committee, based on individual stock analysis and assessment of wider macro-economic factors.
- The ideal candidate will be RDR qualified to a minimum of level 4 with three years’ relevant experience in investment management or investment analysis
- Our client is seeking someone who will have the desire and ability to manage the office in the long term (i.e. not only investment management but also including people management, risk management and T&C Supervision)
- They are seeking someone who knows about and deals with bespoke portfolio management and hasn’t only ever followed in-house selections.
- Additional experience or qualifications, a personal client bank (whether managed or execution-only) and management aspirations or experience are all desirable, but not essential.
- As well as being a team player and happy to work within a small team, they will be self-motivated with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- The position will require you to work from a branch office in Aberdeen.
- The remuneration package is variable depending on experience, qualifications and numbers of personal clients.
Salary: £45k – £75k
- Terms are all flexible with options for salary only, salary + revenue share, or salary + profit share. Certainly once managing the office our client would expect the candidate to be taking salary + profit share
- Bringing existing business would be a bonus, but is not a requirement; there is a book of business to be managed as part of the role.
- Typical revenue share on any business transferred across is 20%, and they do not operate on the basis of hurdles before revenue (fee & comm) shares are paid, it is all paid from day one and actual terms will depend on overall package.
- Total expected earnings will depend on the candidate and amount of business brought in, but would expect to be £45k – £75k, (more if they bring their own clients)
- The opportunity has arisen due to retirement
How to ApplyContact: Martin McArthur - Tel: 07876375542 - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2720 total views, 7 today